What is InstaLift™?
- Silhouette InstaLift™ meets an unmet anti-aging need. Until now no minimally invasive method for lifting the underlying tissue of the face has been available without an incision.
- Silhouette InstaLift™ is a minimally invasive solution that delivers a great option to patients for whom face lift surgery is not their preferred approach due to cost, risk and downtime.
- The procedure helps increase and restore volume to the mid-face and cheek area for a natural-looking more youthful appearance
- A huge part of the patient appeal is that the outcome is immediate, with results getting better over time and very minimal recovery
- Long lasting results of 18-24months+ (many photos from previous patients show great results persisting 3yrs or more) and are complimentary to other aesthetic treatments. The lifting of skin and soft tissue looks natural and is noted immediately. There is often a boost in more vibrant skin appearance as well after about 6 months due to collagen stimulation. Results don’t suddenly disappear or leave unnatural contours.
- FDA-cleared in April 2015
- Average cost of the procedure: Treatment pricing varies by geographic region and number of sutures to be used. The projected average fee for Silhouette InstaLift is $3,000 – $6000 vs. the average cost of a facelift is $12,000 in 2016, according to RealSelf.com and may take several months for recovery.
- For more information click on: www.instalift.com
How It Works
Silhouette InstaLift™ sutures are made in the U.S. from glycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), a commonly used biomedical co-polymer that is well tolerated by the body. The fully resorbable sutures lift and reposition subdermal tissue while the resorbable bi-directional cones hold the sutures and facial skin in an elevated position. Over time the implanted PLGA suture and cones also stimulate collagen production to help increase and restore volume to the mid-face for natural-looking, long lasting results.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Silhouette InstaLift™ FDA cleared?
The product earned FDA-clearance in April 2015.
- Who is a good candidate to have a Silhouette InstaLift™ procedure?
Silhouette InstaLift™ is the ideal minimally-invasive solution for many men and women who are interested in refreshing their appearance without major surgery, injections or lasers. It offers a new and unique technology to lift sagging facial skin.
- What are Silhouette InstaLift™ sutures made of?
Silhouette InstaLift™ sutures are made from glycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), a polymer that is frequently used in medical devices and is well tolerated by the body. The fully resorbable sutures have bidirectional cones that provide both lift and excellent anchoring to the subcutaneous tissue. In addition, the cones stimulate new collagen production.
- What can Silhouette InstaLift do to improve my appearance?
Sagging facial skin is one of the major contributors to an aged and tired appearance. Silhouette InstaLift is a minimally-invasive procedure that enhances the contours of your face by lifting the deeper layers of your skin and stimulating new collagen for a more youthful look. Results last upwards of 18-24months and improve over time.
- What areas of the face does Silhouette InstaLift™ treat?
The FDA cleared procedure lifts and helps increase volume and restore contours to the mid-face and cheek area. Discuss other areas with Dr. Whitehead.
- How is the Silhouette InstaLift™ procedure performed?
During the in-office procedure, Dr. Whitehead will begin by marking the areas of desired lift on the patient. Local anesthetic is used at the insertion and exit points. Then a needle is gently guided to a depth of 5mm through the subcutaneous tissue and extracted at each bi-directional exit point. The sutures have absorbable cones at both ends that hold them in place as the tissues are lifted along the lines treated. The treatment is well tolerated by patients and typically takes around 45 minutes for midface/jawline.
- Is general anesthesia required?
No. Only local anesthetic is used to numb the area before inserting the sutures. Patients are generally comfortable with the procedure. If you are anxious and have a driver home, you can be given a mild relaxing pill for during the procedure but you will NOT be under sedation.
- How is Silhouette InstaLift different from Thread Lifts?
Silhouette InstaLift is an entirely new technology and procedure. Rather than temporarily moving the surface of the skin with hooks and barbs, InstaLift™ repositions the underlying layers of the skin with patented bi-directional cones. Another very important advance is that InstaLift is fully resorbable and thus not permanent. As the InstaLift™ sutures and cones are resorbed, they stimulate collagen renewal, which helps increase and restore volume to the mid-face for natural-looking, long lasting results. There are NO barbs to poke through skin and all materials are long proven to be safe.
- How much does Silhouette InstaLift™ cost?
The treatment fee varies according to each patient’s needs and the number of sutures required. The range in my practice is generally $3000-$6000.
- Where can I have Silhouette InstaLift™ performed?
Silhouette InstaLift™ is only performed by qualified physicians who have undergone special comprehensive training. I offer Silhouette InstaLift™ in my practice in Council Bluffs, Iowa since 2014. The procedure is nonsurgical and is safely performed in my clinic without the need for sedation.